Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crafting / Entertaining My Girls

Just wanted to share a few crafty things we have done, just encase you are in need of ideas.
We covered recycled jars with "pretty"paper let them dry and then made paper flowers for our "vases". This project took a while so it was great. The more time it takes up the more entertained they are.






I used scrap fabrics and little bits of paper. The paper and fabric are threaded on to floral wire with a bead stopper on one end, then just slide the wire through a straw(cut to desired length) and tie it down by wrapping it with floral tape. The girls got creative and beaded the entire stem, it was a little floppy but fun.

 




Next we spent quite a bit of time finding all the broken crayons and unwrapping them. The results, new and bigger crayons. What a great project for my girls -time consuming (the unwrapping) and fascinating (the melting).perfect!

This week we should get to a few more fun projects. Hopefully i will find the time to share them with you. I have a list of things that need  to get done around here and i have used up all the excuses i give myself. I will let you know how that goes too. SEE YA!

4 CLICK HERE to comment:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE melted crayons!!! Such fun for the kids, thanks for you really sweet comment on my post about my lapband!

everbuddy dreams said...

Kids don't require much to have fun and i can give them something to do like unwrapping crayons to take up a bit more time, then perfect! They'll really enjoy drawing on my floor and walls even more ;)
Thanks, -Chyna
PS Love your profile pic.

mle said...

I love the idea of rainbow crayons!! Perfect project for the kids to do!

Papgena Made It said...

Hello!
I saw you on the csi project!
You seem having lots of fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

tweet it !

Follow yousewsillymama on Twitter